The Engineering and Science Innovators (ESI-Science) COF program, which is aligned with The Ohio State University institutional goals, is to provide highly trained and effective Bachelor’s in Science (BS) areas such as chemistry, biology, materials, manufacturing, and medicine. This program will enthusiastically support the following majors: Biology, Biochemistry, and Chemistry. ESI programs provide particular focus on improving the diversity within these majors. In addition, this program promotes growth, student success, and economic access to several of the most challenging and rewarding disciplines offered by The Ohio State University.
Current COF scholars must be involved in the following activities during the semester.
- Complete 45 hours per semester of service (2-3 hours per week).
- Complete necessary COF paperwork (e.g., virtual forms, surveys, etc.).
- Attend to welcome orientation at the beginning of each semester to discuss scholarship commitment, expectations, guidelines, among other topics.
- Attend to career development sessions hosted by Career Services.
- Attend and participate in Co-op, Internship, and Research (CIR) sessions hosted by OHSE.
- Participate in outreach programs within the OHSE.
- Freshmen and sophomore scholars are expected to join an outreach program and collaborate with university faculty, staff, or fellow COF scholars.
- Junior and senior year scholars are expected to focus on career development and interview for at least 5 CIR opportunities.
- Attend to the Annual COF Scholar Showcase (Spring semester only).
The OHSE supports COF scholars to build a strong sense of community through activities such as mentoring, tutoring, outreach, and help them strengthen their connection with faculty, staff, and other students during their undergraduate career. COF scholars are expected to create an account with Career Services (Handshake) by the end of their first semester and attend Career Services events hosted by The Ohio State University. Click here to access exciting tools and opportunities for COF scholars.
There are five steps for renewing the ESI-Science COF scholarship:
- GPA review.
- Must maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher.
- Service hour review.
- Must complete 45 hours per semester of service (2-3 hours per week).
- Complete the OSU Scholarship Application.
- Complete the College of Engineering General Scholarship Application (if applicable).
- Complete the End of the Year survey.
- Activity and program review.
- Complete the Statement of Intent form.
- Acknowledge and accept scholar expectation for the academic year.